Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Gobble Gobble

I sure hope my Turkey turns out this nice!

Our house is really looking forward to Thanksgiving this year. Not only is this Ruby's first Thanksgiving, but my Dad, brother and his girlfriend are leaving their homes today to celebrate with us. Ruby has met Grandpa the first day she came home, but it will be her first time to meet Uncle Larry and Auntie Katie.

Our family connection is finding its niche. We are to the point where we click more often, know each others reaction before it will happen and just feel closer overall. A few nights ago Mike mentioned that it seems like we've been a family for much longer than we really have...I will agree. It feels so good to be at this point after almost 5 months. Considering Ruby is an older child, this is a huge accomplishment. Today Ruby said "I love you bigger than mother earth." My heart just melted!

Last night we played Monopoly for the first time. Ruby caught on fast and LOVES the game. I personally thinks she likes the power of the money :) She always has very good fu (luck) while playing games. Last night was not an exception. Her first time around the board she landed on Boardwalk (bought it of course!) and her second time around the board she landed on Park Place (another important purchase as well!). Mike and I couldn't believe it. Besides card games, her two favorite games are now Rumikube and Monoploy. To the family in IL and Michigan: watch out because Ruby will dominate over the Christmas holidays!

I hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Sounds like you'll have a house full of love and laughter!