Saturday, January 5, 2008

2007 in review

LOCKS OF LOVE -
Before Mike cut the hair....quite long, eh?


Holding the ponytail of 12 inches!


Finished product - not too bad

Mt. Elbert with Boys & Girls Club Backpacking Club

San Luis Peak - we took the photo just below because it was too cold!


2007 turned out to be a fairly good year. We kept very busy building and moving into the new house, Mike opening his log furniture store, expanding the store to a new location, visiting with family, traveling to Chicago for the holidays, waiting for the Chinese adoption, getting ready for the domestic adoption and Tara making sure the Boys & Girls Club grew in a very positive direction. I know life will be even more busy with kids, but I must say that this has been one of the busiest years yet!

Updates on domestic adoption: We've been referred a couple of times now, but have had to decline for various reasons. At first we felt really bad, but we need to make sure that we provide a safe environment for our infant Chinese adoption. Our social worker has been very supportive and we've learned this is common. We are currently waiting our third referral. If something happens - we'll post it here.



I am looking at my 2007 goals and decided that I did not do a very good job.


Donating hair to locks of love: Completed 12/31 see photos above


Hiking 2 14ers - Completed San Luis Peak and was only 1/2 to the top of Mt. Elbert, but bad weather came in and we had to decend :( Next time! Photos above


Hiking/snowshoeing at least 250 miles - did not complete. I completed over 160 miles in hiking and walking in 2007, but lost track after Oct...


Visit 3 museums - didn't go to one. I did have plans to go Denver Nature & Science museum twice with the Club, but the trip was canceled due to various reasons.


Get another tatoo - I didn't, but Mike did. I decided that I won't get another until each adoption is complete


Spa day - I stayed at a lovely JW Marriott Spa in AZ this summer, but it was for work and all the times were booked. I did go to a couple of hot springs, but that doesn't count. At least this March my mom and sister(s) are getting together for a spa girls weekend.

Autumn Moom Festival - educated myself a little about it, but didn't celebrated it


Find the perfect pair of jeans and buy 2 - I completed this twice. I bought two early winter of 2007, but then lost a little weight so I found another two during this Christmas Holiday.


I'm not sure what my goals will be this year because there are so many variables!
Only time will tell!

No comments: