Monday, January 28, 2008

We love Ming!


Over the past few days we realize how Ming was meant to be with us from the beginnning. Our chance was very slim to be matched with her because so many people are switching to Special Needs due to the long wait for an infant. Our caseworker mentioned that we are the only one of her families that have been matched with a SN child because it is so competitive. So many people have applied for several SN children and have never been matched. We only tried once and found our daughter. We love Ming so much already and eagerly await her arrival.
Today Mike and I took 1/2 day off to work on the adoption paperwork. It was pretty cool to see Ming's letter of intent because half of it was in Chinese. Ming has no idea that she has parents and this point and won't for another 2 months or so. Once we have our offical letter of approval, we can sent photos and a few items to Ming at the Beijing City Children's Welfare Institute. I'm sure she'll be sooo happy to see photos of her parents, pets and new home! I can't wait!

5 comments:

Ashley said...

congratulations!! I am so happy for you! I hope your wait for LOA and TA is speedy. I'm sure you are so anxiuos to bring your daughter home!
blessings, Ashley

Carrie1013 said...

Congratulations! My name is Carrie and I am also AHH client. We were matched with a little boy in October and are leaving in 16 days!!! We were LID in 10/06. IT took 57 days to get out LOA and another 3-4 weeks for TA. I hope your process goes as fast if not faster. When I saw Ming's picture on the SN list, my heart just melted. She is stunning and I immidiately began praying for a family for her. I am so thankful she has found one! The name you picked out is beautiful.....we had Ruby chosen for almost 2 years until God took us in a different direction with a little boy! I will be following your blog and will continue to pray for you and Ming as she begins the journey to her forever mom and dad!
Carrie
LID 10/13/06
Matched 10/4/07
LOA: 12/14/07
Leaving for China: 2/14/08

Laura said...

Congratulations!! Can't wait to see a picture of her.

Tasha Kent said...

A million congrats!!

I found your blog on another international adoption blogroll. I wanted to say 'hi' as I'm adopting internationally as well, but from Uzbekistan. I look forward to following your journey.
Tasha

Somewhere In The Sun said...

I'm so happy that Ming has a family!! She was my favorite from the last list. She is so very beautiful. I know you are on cloud 9! I hope your process goes quickly. I just got back this week from bringing my daughter home.

~Lynn