Sunday, October 5, 2008

Visiting with Grandpa and Grandma Skubella

Celebrating my big 35 with family...at a Chinese restaurant of course!

Ruby w/ Grandma and Grandpa Skubella



Me sleeping...for some reason my family loves to take photos of me sleeping.

Ruby at the football game. She cheered with the Jr. Cheerleaders and had a blast!
We are so proud that she was able to memorize most of the cheers - Ruby practiced so hard!

These past two weeks have flown by! At lot has happened. My last day w/Boys & Girls Club of South Park was last Tuesday. I am sad, but am happy with the choice I made. Mike works and Ruby goes to school south of where we live and my previous employement was north. We were almost an hour apart. Now I am looking for work in Buena Vista, the town that we mostly conduct our lives - wish me luck.
We celebrated my 35th BD. I can't believe I'm already 35. I've read somewhere the new middle age is 40 and not 35 anymore...so I'm sticking with that. This will be good news for my siblings ;)
Ruby is learning so much more English. She was able to communicate with Mike's parents pretty easily. Her vocab is still taking off. It's amazing how fast a 10 year old can learn.
Our visit with Grandma and Grandpa Skubella was great. They were able to see Ruby cheer at the local football game, watch the aspen leaves turn gold and orange (it was a fantastic year for leaves and reminds me of the year Mike and I married on Sept 21st). Grandma and Grandpa also got to see a few of Ruby's special performances. Ruby loves to act and perform for Mike and I, but we learned that she'll sing and dance for other family members too. She is so funny when she performs little acts - sometimes it is acting, singing dancing or all three!




3 comments:

Kelly said...

I wanted to let you know how much I enjoy reading your blog and following your journey to bringing Ruby home. Thank you for sharing your life.

I would love to sometime talk (email) with you about the transition you had and what you learned from adopting an older child. A part of my heart yearns to someday adopt an older child and part of me screams in terror. I'd understand if you weren't comfortable emailing back and forth with me however if you were willing I'd be very appreciative.
Sincerely,
Kelly O'Rourke
skrpr_grl@yahoo.com

Andrea Nielsen said...

I love seeing how Ruby is doing.... I fell in love with her beautiful face on the AHH list and so it is nice to see how her transition is going, etc. And clearly, 35 is NOT middle age as I am 41 and still fairly sure I have not hit that landmark!
Glad to see your family is doing so well!

Ashley said...

Happy Birthday!! You are making me feel old!! (lol)
Ruby looks as lovely as ever! Good luck with the job hunt.
I'll let you know if we are in your neck of the woods.
Bundle up...winter is coming!