Saturday, March 8, 2008

Beijing Children's Welfare Institute

Above is a photo of the front entrance to the Beijing Children's Welfare Institute. This is where Ming calls home. I found this wonderful photo, with many others, on the BCWI yahoo group site. Very informative group! The institute looks a little more upbeat and colorful compated to other photos of other ones. I hope that Ming is happy there. I wonder how cold she got this winter and if she had enough warm clothing.

In other news - Mike completed a dresser for Ming. It is really beautiful. We skipped the logs and went with a more simple look. We'll post photos as we get closer to finishing her room. Although, it won't be completely finished until Ming is home because we aren't sure of her interests/tastes. I must say that it feels more like Ming is coming home because we put her clothes in the drawers...until now any clothing that we've had, even when we were originally planning on an infant/toddler, has been in storage containers in the attic.

It is snowing again right now and we are ready for spring. My trip to AZ can't come soon enough!



3 comments:

Somewhere In The Sun said...

It's exciting working on her room isn't it? It does make it feel more "real". Each step does that. I can't wait to see the pictures....and especially the ones of her in it when she comes home!

~Lynn

Ashley said...

I can't wait to see pictures of Ming's room. I am so excited for you!! How wonderful to be filling the drawers with her clothes!
Your yahoo group must be a great resource for you. I hope you have a nice time in AZ. Enjoy the sunshine!!

Unknown said...

My daughter was adopted from the same children's home. I recognize the statue and beautiful gardens.
The director at the time was Wang Chen Guong. Ms Du helped translate. That was in 1998. Your daugher looks about the same age a mine (she just turned 13).
Do you have the address of the Children's Home? I wanted to send them some family photos and update as I promised, I moved to many times and have lost the address.