Saturday, June 21, 2008

Family Day

First I want to say that we'll post photos in a few days - very tired.

We arrived in Beijing safe last night and actually got some sleep. We went to the orphanage to
pick up Ming this morning. Today has been amazing and no words can describe how we feel.
Ming is beautiful, smart, funny, has energy and is already attaching. She has also shown some healthy emotion (sad - which is good because it shows she cared about the people at the orphanage). The day has gone perfect. It feels so right and our parental instincts have come alive. I knew we had it in us all along :) Today is just number of many more to come - we will write more later. I just want to add that our guide is truly amazing and more accomodating than we ever imagined! We are so lucky to have one to ourselves these first few days. Go Peter!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

How wonderful for you Mike and Tara!
Congratulations!!

M and M said...

Congratulations!!

I can't wait to see a family portrait!!

Deb said...

I am so happy for you. If pictures will show kids Monday.

jeanette said...

I can't wait to see the pics! What a blessing to have the day go so smoothly. :)

Jen said...

I'm so glad things have gone so well for you guys! I've been thinking about ya'll. Have an amazing time on the rest of your trip...the rest of us aren't far behind!!

Cara said...

Congratulations Tara & Mike! I am so happy you have Ming. Can't wait to see pictures. We'll see you in a few days!

Jill said...

Congratulations! So happy to hear your first day has been all you hoped. It will be great to meet you & Ming in just a few days!