Monday, June 16, 2008

Ready To Go

Our plane leaves at 9:10 on Thursday!!!! Woo hoo!!!!! We are jumping out of our skin!!!!! It is so real and we get happy butterflies thinking about hugging Ming when we meet her.

Our bags are packed, but the toiletries. I've never traveled overseas with a suitecase before. It will feel weird w/o a backpack. I'm much more hightech than my single days in Europe. I would e-mail my family once a week or two from a new country to let them know I was still alive. They turned grey during those three months. This time we have the temporary international plan blackberry and laptop. Funny how things change!

The pets are starting to pick up on us leaving because the packed suitcases are out. Mimi (Aka Macea the princess cat) is clinging to me like glue. When a particular suitecase is floating around, she knows I leave for at least a couple days...little does she know we will be gone for over 2 weeks. Poor Mimi.

I will try to post once more -

Sorry for no photos - the bandwith is still slowing us down.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Tara, have a wonderful trip! I know you will! 2 more days....can you believe it!!!!! whoohoo, it is almost time for you to fly!
love and hugs, Ashley

Anonymous said...

Tara and Mike...it's been a long wait (and we're STILL waiting!) and we're so happy for the THREE of you. Look forward to hearing of your experiences and stories of your new family.

Congratulations!

Julie & John (old SB from NH)

Erin said...

Forget the pets, I don't think I can wait 2 more weeks! I'm so excited for you guys!!!! ENJOY YOUR TIME!

Erin