Sunday, August 24, 2008

Smiles and the 4th grade!

A self photo of our beautiful daughter

Ruby likes to build things like Daddy!


Pampering a hurt foot

Hurt foot...what hurt foot?

Orange "peaces"
So many I can't believes these past two weeks.
I can't believe we've been a family for 2 months. It makes us so happy inside :)
I can't believe Ruby is going into the 4th grade. She will be a year behind other kids her age, but that is OK. She is still a little girl at times and the 4th grade just seems so old to me. I know she'll catch up and do well. We were thinking 3rd grade at first, but after our assessment w/Children's Intl. Hospital Adoption Center, we decided that 4th grade will be more appropriate for her since she is learning English very quickly and has many "older" child like skills. Ruby is anxious to start school this upcoming Tuesday.
I can't believe her honeymoon is finally over. We've seen a different (and a little more mature) Ruby. She is still doing amazingly well, but does show an attitude every now and then. She is learning more and more English every day. She is so smart and we use the dictionary a little less than the first 8 weeks. As mentioned before, she is very expressive. Now that she can express her fashion a little more here in the states, she has bought a pink wig (just for play), wears the colors brown and dark blue now (wouldn't touch them before because they were 'boy' colors) and even bought play tattoos. The tattoos were a huge step because she was scared of Mike at first because of all of his tattoos. She's catching on that being different is acceptable here in America.
I can't believe that Ruby is eating cheese now (still doesn't like hot cheese yet).
I can't believe that she gives us hugs and kisses now. We went to a friend's BD party last night. Mike wasn't able to come. This made Ruby sad. When we got home she ran into Daddy's arms.
I can't believe I'm leaving Boys & Girls Club of South Park :( This was a difficult choice, but I'm looking forward to a more 40 hour work week, not traveling for work, less stress and being here for my family. Ruby is sad too (she likes the Club), but is VERY happy because she understands that means I'll have more time to spend with her and Daddy.
I can't believe that we've only had to use an interpreter three times since we've been home. I think we'll use one on a weekly basis once school starts at first, just to keep communication open.
I can't believe how busy it is to have one child. I give props to those of you who have more than one :)

1 comment:

Jill said...

Ruby looks like she's doing great! I hope her first day of school goes wonderfully!