Sunday, February 24, 2008

7 Things about me that most people probably don't know

I got this from Ashley's blog and am finally remembered to do it!

Here are seven things about me that most people probably don't know:

1. I've lived in 5 different states. Michigan, Illinois, Missouri, Florida and now Colorado. My favorite is by far Colorado!

2. In my mid 20's I, visited Greece and Turkey during the Kosovo War. I was so close that I could actually see the lights of the bombs going off. My parents grew a few extra grey hairs during that trip!

3. I hiked half of the Colorado Trail. Most of it by myself. Way cool experience :) I love sleeping outside and being in natures elements. I have well over 300 nights in the woods (Most of those nights are credited towards being employed in wilderness therapy). To this day there is nothing more peaceful than being in the backcountry.

4. I lived in my car for 3 months. Yes, I was technically homeless, but was by choice. It was a summer full of road trips and car camping after putting my items into storage. I don't think my cat liked it so much though.....seriously!

5. At the age of 17, I entered the Miss Teen All American Illinois pageant. I hated it until I found out that Halle Barry won a few years before. I didn't place, but decided it was in the end.

6. Mike and I met on www.match.com I never really thought I would fall in love with someone that I met on line. The first time we met in person, he gave me a CD and I wore purple pants and an orange shirt. Kind of funny, but love found a way.

7. I don't down hill ski. Too freaky and fast for me. Snowshoeing and cross country skiing is much more my pace. I think I'm one of few in the state that actually lives near Breckenridge and doesn't ski....oh well.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Those are awesome! You sound like you like adventure. My dh and boys would be jealous of your 300 nights in the woods - they love camping! I've tried to like it, but they have more fun without me! You live in a beautiful place to do all the things you love. And soon you'll have your daughter to share all that beauty with!

match.com - very cool!

:) Ashley