Sunday, May 4, 2008

Adoption Shower!!!


Today my friend, Jamie, threw Ming an adoption shower. It was a lot of fun and is another reinforcement that the community is welcoming her into their arms. We thank everyone so much for their support and for wonderful gifts that will help Ming grow, learn, look fabulous and have fun! Also, a big thanks to Jamie for putting everything together!

We also received our travel and LOA packet on Friday. To be honest, I wasn't sure if we were going to get the package as expected because it arrived late. I was on the phone with our agency, letting them know it didn't arrive yet, when the Fed Ex truck arrived at work! It was so neat to finally see the official papers and complete our travel, visa and LOA paperwork. It gave me goosebumps to see the paperwork so many families before us have described. A Helping Hand Agency (the parent agency to our initial agency, Commonwealth) had also enclosed a travel preparation DVD. Watching this really makes everything feel so much more real and CLOSER!
Ming is constantly on our minds now. I don't think 60 minutes go by w/o thinking of her at least a couple of times. It is amazing at how much being LOA makes a difference in how you think about your child. Reality Rocks!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

What a joyful celebration your shower must have been! I'm keeping you all in my prayers. Is it time to think about packing? I'm so excited to follow your journey to Ming! I'm sure she is feeling your love! It gave me goosebumps to think about that travel DVD. Soon, that will be you! You must be over the moon excited!!

Jen said...

Hopefully we'll all travel together...can't wait to meet you!
Jennifer