Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Updates

We sent our LOA paperwork on Monday, as well as a care package to Ming. I'll try to post a photo this weekend of what we sent - too tired now, as I have to download the photo from the cell phone. It was more expensive to send a package to China than I thought, but well worth it. It's so wonderful to think she'll open her package soon and see photos of us! Hopefully she won't be too scared! Ha!

Our first travel group meeting is this Monday at 5pm via phone. How exciting! Mike and I are looking forward to hearing the voices of the other families we might travel with from A Helping Hand. The group seems to be fun, nice and very supportive. Most of the group keeps connected through a yahoo group.

Also, we would like to say thank you to Mike's sister's family and my Mother, Rob & Luke. Ming received some more wonderful gifts yesterday and today. My Mom, Rob & Luke gave Ming a Rice Paddy Doll (Asian version of the Cabbage Patch - my sister got one when my parents visited Hong Kong in the 1980's). Too cute of a doll! Ming's cousins (Jessica, Cassidy and Kyle) picked out some pretty outfits and toys for Ming. We also received the letter's "MING" which already has a place in her bedroom! Which reminds me...I need to post photos of her room soon! More updates to come on Sunday

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Keep the updates coming!! I'm so happy for you, Mike and Ming. It sounds like Ming has a big extended family that loves her so much. I'd love to see pictures of Ming's room, too.