Tuesday, May 20, 2008

bad news, good news....

Now that we've thought about the situation for 24 hours, it is becoming more difficult. At this point I just get angry. We have a travel group on yahoo which is really helping because so many of us are going through the same emotions. I like sharing thoughts, feelings, etc... Our agency, who is trying really hard to resolve this issue in a timely manner, e-mailed us again with not such good news today. Fed Ex and our agency must send an apology letter to the CCAA before they will re-issue new LOA's. Just another step before we can receive them. Fed Ex better get their letter out by tomorrow!!! This is just awful. In reality the real people that are affected by this are our children! As adults we will get over the bad news, but we think of all of our children in China and what the country is experiencing with the earthquake. We want to bring our children home ASAP. I also worry about Ming being in Beijing during the Olympics. From what I understand her institute isn't too far from the Olympic Village. If anything happens to her due to the extended wait, I will quickly turn into a very nasty person. Also, Fed Ex really needs to compensate all 14 families and our agency in resending the packages. If this holds us back to the Olympics...Fed Ex should also be responsible for all the increased flight, food, hotel and etc... costs that go along w/the extended wait...that is if we are even able to travel during the Olympics.

The good news is that we receive our 171H today. I was hoping to be more excited, but to be honest, our happy bubble has been deflated.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

This situation frustrates me to no end. Fed Ex should absolutely have to reimburse you for the mistake AND pay for anything that you have to pay extra because of the mistake. I am not a sue happy person by any means(I've never sued anyone in my entire life), but I think your group has a pretty legitimate reason to go after them if you should choose to. It's not like this was a birthday present that was being delivered and can be easily replaced. We're talking about children's lives here!
And the idea that you have to send China an apology letter seems a little strange. This situation was completely out of your control! I am so mad right now!!! I'm sorry you're having to go through this. I hope it is resolved quickly and you have Ming home with you as soon as humanly possible.