Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Home Safe

After hearing the roads were closed last night, my friend and I were able to get a hotel room at the Hand Hotel in town. Super cute place! We made a trip to the store, then local restaurant. The restaurant is called the Barnside Inn. They have a Chinese menu and I ordered my regular meal of Shrimp Lo Mein and tea. The waitress, from China, knows my first name now. I guess I can be considered a regular now. Eating Chinese from a restaurant call the "Barnside Inn" doesn't sound too goo, but it actually is! After finishing our meal about 7:45pm, a couple came in telling everyone the highways were open again! What great news! Jean and I drove back to the B&B, turned in our keys and headed home. The road wasn't in the best condition, but the drifts were off the road and I felt comfortable driving at 40 - 45 mph. The house framers were able to make it home as well. I just can't image my husband spending the night with the framing crew - LOL. The rental is having well/water pump issues, so showers would've been out of the question for them.

On another note: I decided to join the rest of the world and own a cell phone. Well, I had one for a few months in college, but the bill was so high after 5 phone calls it wasn't used again. They were too big anyay. I'm hoping not to use the new phone very much because the one at work drives me crazy! I wanted to wait few more years. Knowing that it might save my life, or our child's life, has my mind changed. Now that Sprint works in most places in Park County AND at our house (This is a first, believe me!), my husband and I dove in. Mike is very happy to say good-bye to his Verizon and hello to Sprint. We both have a Fusic by LG - so cute in pink - mine, not Mikes!

3 comments:

M and M said...

I am glad to hear that you made it home safe and sound.

You guys have certainly been pelted by the snow!!

D & S said...

Glad to hear that you made it home safely. I hope things clear up soon. You've been through enough!

Rosie said...

We call cell phones-mobiles in the UK.I'm not a big mobile phone fan-but its great for emergencies or travelling.
Our weather is still very mild but very windy!!