Monday, February 19, 2007

Happy Chinese New Year

Happy Chinese New Year everyone! This is the Golden year of the Pig which only comes around every 60 years. All those born this year are considered extra lucky and easy going. Although Chinese New Year is in our thoughts, Mike and I really aren't going to celebrate. I was able to catch an early glimpse of the New Year while in DC China Town last week. Pretty cool place!

My first trip to DC was quite interesting. I didn't have much time to site see, but was able to take a night tour of the city my last night. Part of the sites were having an electric black out. So, I was unable to see the Lincoln Memorial and a few others. Otherwise, I enjoyed seeing our nations capital.

On the flight to DC we were on the same plane as Senator Salazar. It was neat to see him in person.
It was surprising to see that he was seated in the middle of the plane like everyone else. I wanted to meet him, but many people had the same idea. He's quite the down to earth Senator and am pleased with what he has done. He'll always have my vote!

1 comment:

D & S said...

Happy New Year to you too! Glad that you're back home safe and sound.