Thursday, February 22, 2007

Happy Heads, Hands and Feet

Our DTC yahoo group has a secret buddy gift exchange. This month's theme was Happy Heads, Hands and Feet. My wonderful S.B. surprised us with 10 of the cutest finger puppets we've ever seen and 2 Dr. Seuss books about Hands and Feet. I just love these fun AND educational gifts. My sister, Alexa, and sister in-law, Jill, know from experience that learning toys have been a popular gift theme with Mike and I for our nieces and nephews. Our S.B. also included a traditional Chinese New Year Good Luck Money Envelope. This is the year of the GOLDEN pig, this special golden year only comes around every 60 years. In the envelope is a dollar bill. The bill begins with the serial number 8888. Eight is considered the luckiest number of all. As you can imagine anything with the number 8 can sometimes be a rare find in China. Maybe our lucky money will bring us good fortune this year :) That would be nice because Mike is thinking about opening a log furniture store since he has been making and selling log furniture for a few years now.


2 comments:

Brandi said...

What a great idea! (The dollar bill with the serial number 8888). Man, I wish I could get creative like that!

You have a GREAT secret pal!

Unknown said...

Brandi - I would love to be that creative too!