Saturday, December 16, 2006

Christmas Spirit



We' put up our tree the weekend after Thanksgiving, but Christmas has really hit home this week. I went caroling with the Boys & Girls Club kids Thursday evening. Mike and I finished most of our Christmas shopping today and wrapped gifts this evening. Our little rental home has been filled with Christmas music, egg nog and holiday movies. Speaking of movies... isn't Meet Me In St. Louis, with Judy Garland, usually on during the holidays - I have yet to see it on any channel schedule. Mike is featured in the photo with our Christmas Tree (Englemann Spruce). You can't see it in the photo, but the tree still has a few cones on it.

I must say that I've fallen in love with China Sprout and Asian Kids. They have just the CUTEST things for very reasonable prices. What fun shopping. I'm anxious to see if our nieces and nephews will enjoy their Asian gifts as much as I enjoyed picking them out.

I caught some sort of flu bug the other day. As a result, I took the day off .
I felt guilty not being at work, but my body needed the rest and I was ultimately glad I didn't go in. I don't think I would've lasted an hour anyway. My headache was just terrible and IBU or Tylenol barely made a difference. My stomach was quite upset and I actually got sick...don't you just hate that feeling? It has been a couple of years since my stomach has turned inside out. Part of me thinks I was dehydrated, but these symptoms seem to be going around.

No comments: