Thursday, December 21, 2006

Snowed In


It was so nice to log onto the blog and be reminded that we've been LID for one month now :) Way cool!

Due to the Holiday Blizzard of 2006, it looks like Mike and I will not be going back to Chicago to spend Christmas with family this year. We are totally bummed, but know that we are much safer. The interstates are still closed in areas and the weather will be sketchy in parts of the midwest tomorrow as well. A part of me wants to chance it, but Mike made a good point. He said, "If we had our child now, would we want to drive and put her/his life at risk by driving home"? Of course I said, "no". He replied, "Why should we put our life at risk then"? He's so right. I just love him so much.

To perk up our spirits we're going to head down to Colorado Springs on Saturday and do some fun things. We enjoy catching movies during the holiday season, so we'll probably catch a double feature and do something else. Also, the Fairplay community has a Christmas dinner every year. Maybe we'll join some friends and do that as well.

Several days ago we made some Christmas cookies (featured in photo). Aren't they cute! I just love making cookies. It reminds me of my childhood. My favorite part was decorating them..... still is. I was proud of myself this year because I didn't eat any leftover frosting (can you belive it mom?).

2 comments:

D & S said...

That's too bad that you can't spend Christmas with your family. But you're right, it is better to stay safe and everyone will understand. I hope that you have a great Christmas!

M and M said...

I keep hearing about the snow...you would think that us Canadians would be snowed in, but it has been SO mild here...no snow yet this year...

ENJOY your Christmas!!