Thursday, December 7, 2006

LID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


At 4:25 today my husband called the club. (I work for the Boys & Girls Club of South Park). He sounded a bit sad and said he wasn't doing so well. He asked if I read the e-mail from Ashley (our contact for CAII)? After saying "no", his voice perked up and said that we are LID!!! I was thrilled from my head to my toes!!

The e-mail from our agency stated that our Log In Date is 11-21-06!! Mike and I are soooo happy! We were beginning to worry that our paperwork was misplaced in the Log In office or something else was wrong. You'll notice that the date was 2 1/2 weeks ago. This confirms that sometimes the communication is slow between China and the agencies.

Now that we're logged in, the "real" wait begins. We hope to receive a referral/match in 14 - 16 months. Some people predict this time period may lengthen to 20 months, while others think it might take a little less time. Only time will tell. We only hope that our travel time is BEFORE the 2008 olympics because travel might be extremely difficult (if at all) during this time. Wish us luck!

I also want to add that the youth I work with were awesome today. When I shared the good news with them, they were so happy for me. Several kids even gave me high fives and gave me hugs. They are the best!

2 comments:

M and M said...

CONGRATS on being LID!! Now you are "officially" in line!!

Unknown said...

Thank you for the support Michelle and Mark.