Thursday, December 14, 2006

Happy Home and Windy Weather


The new home is coming along. Mike is water proofing the foundation/crawl space today and the base of the first floor is almost done. So far, we've been lucky with the weather. It's a risk starting a home in the winter out here because we normally have more snow and freezing thawing weather. Due to La Nina - a dry cold winter is predicted until March, then we'll receive large amounts of wet snow. This is normal to me because we always get the most snow in April/March, but we should expect extreme conditions compared to the "normal". Poor Mike and the framing crew, they've been working in teens to single digits this week with 20 - 30 mile per hour winds. So frigid!!! Posted is a photo before the framing started this week. The house will be about 1,800 square feet. The perfect size for us and a family. There's also a perfect spot in the back for expansion, if we ever want to add another family room. It's been a very busy week - some ups and downs. We heard to expect an almost two year wait now for our little one. It breaks my heart to wait that long, but I've come to terms the past two days. I'm going to start a "to do" list of all the things I want to do before we have a family. Look for the list in about a week. Maybe someone will want to join in on a goal or two.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will be waiting for that list...the thought of a 2 year wait just makes my stomach churn...

Beta Blogger is not letting me comment with my regular name...It's Mark & Michelle @ waiting for pumpkin...